My son explained to me the history of Thanksgiving today (he's 4 and loves to expound on just about anything) and during his spirited diatribe, he proudly spoke of the Pilgrims and their "Native American friends" and turkey and corn and "giving thanks." When he was done his tale, I asked him to name five things he was grateful for...
- Having lots and lots of toys
- Having "the best" parents and a cool little bro
- Having a great house
- Riding my bike
- Our cute kitty cats and doggy
- The love of family and friends
- The importance of enjoying the little things
- Financial stability
- A safe and comforting home
- Our physical and mental well being
The world is a complicated place; and our day-to-day lives can seem stressful and complicated all too easily. Take a moment today and look around you; take it all in. Appreciate what you have and remember that there's always tomorrow to stress about what you don't.